SEO Is Not King
In my opinion, SEO itself is okay. It’s ONE method of getting visitors to your site. And it works, which is good. What is not okay is how a lot of courses and software claim that you only need their secret magic sauce that will propel your site to the top of the search engines, and you will be rich overnight and your problems will be over.
SEO Is Just One Part Of The Equation
Even with number 1 spot in Google for all your targeted keywords, you won’t earn any money if you don’t have some kind of conversion mechanism in place.
You must ask visitors to do something that you want them to do. If you’re putting up AdSense ads, you want them to click on it. If you’re selling products/services (both your own or as an affiliate), you need to convert them into leads and customers.
Without any conversion taking place, you don’t get any money.
Again, SEO is only 1 (ONE) way of generating visitors to your site. There are other methods available, like article marketing, forum marketing, social media marketing, video marketing, leeching off other people’s hard work, etc.
The last method is interesting – leeching off other people’s hard work. And I was just trying to be fancy with my choice of words. The method I’m referring to is actually utilizing affiliates to drive traffic to your site.
A Marketing Lesson
There right there is another important marketing lesson – using fancy words do arouse people’s curiosity, and curiosity gets people hooked up and buy.
We at Get Profits Fast get around 100 optins every single day (that’s including customers, leads, affiliates), give or take a few, on autopilot.
I know, I know.
“Autopilot” is very much overused in our industry. But seriously, it’s as close to “autopilot” as it can get.
If you’ve been following me, you know that I don’t like to hype things up.
I say “autopilot” because I get around 100 optins every day no matter what happens. Even if I decide to take a 3-week vacation (which I’m going to do just that end of this year), we’re still going to be getting around 100 optins every single day.
Systems & Foundation
It hasn’t always been like this, though. I was able to do this because I had set up systems in place, and our foundation is strong.
And here’s another lesson to take away – Whatever you do, if you want to achieve great results, your foundation MUST be strong. There is no shortcut. EVER!
All the Clickbank loophole courses/software that claim you can earn money overnight simply by ONLY using them is a joke. It’s sad that a lot of beginners fall trap to these and end up wasting their hard-earned money and precious time.
So coming back to the topic of SEO – as I said earlier, SEO is okay and has its place when it comes to generating visitors to your site.
Let Other People Do Your Work For You
But, for me, I’d rather have OTHER PEOPLE do the SEO and all the other heavy-duty traffic generation tasks for me.
- I don’t have to keep up-to-date with the latest traffic generation tactics
- I don’t have to keep getting backlinks to my site by blog commenting, social bookmarking, etc. (I do join link-network services though, because they are almost automatic and require little to no maintenance on my part — I just need to keep paying the fees). Even when I’m not that into SEO, almost all our sites are ranking on the first page of Google for their targeted keywords. Some are even holding the first spot.
- I don’t have to write articles
- I don’t have to do guest-blogging
- I don’t have to do forum marketing
- I don’t have to do Facebook marketing
- I don’t have to do Twitter marketing
- I don’t have to do video marketing
I know my affiliates will do all of the above for me. They’ll send their traffic to my sites. This way, we can focus on doing what we do best – creating more killer products that REALLY and TRUTHFULLY solve other people’s problems.
Secret To Persuading Affiliates
So how do you persuade affiliates to promote your products instead of your competitors’ products?
1. Create a product that REALLY and TRUTHFULLY solves other people’s problems (not like those Clickbank loophole products where most are FALSE and UNTRUE)
2. Make your competitors’ product look pale in comparison to your product (i.e, even a complete noob can spot that your product is much superior than your competitors)
3. Price your product lower than what your customers can get out of it. This means your product is $50 but your customers are getting values that equal to $500
4. Create a more generous affiliate program (than most affiliate programs) to attract affiliates to promote your product (instead of promoting your competitors’ product)
The above 4 steps are what we at Get Profits Fast have done, and are also the reasons why we’re able to get consistent visitors, leads, and customers every single day, no matter I work or not. If I decide to work today, my efforts today will pay off sometime in the near future (meaning our income will increase later on). If I don’t work today, I still get consistent metrics. The outcome is predictable, and with predictable results, I get to sleep comfortably at night.
Doing the above 4 steps will make affiliates want to choose to promote your product instead of other products. And when that happens, you won’t be short of website visitors. SEO (and other traffic generation methods), then, become secondary as other people are doing all these hard work for you instead of you doing it yourself.
SEO is not king, so stop focusing on SEO all the time. Next time someone pitches you on an SEO course or software, remember that SEO is only one part of the equation.
Please leave your thoughts and comments below…